Daily we are asked similar questions about earthcore, so for your benefit we have put together the A to Z of essential frequently asked questions to help you on your way.
- I bought tickets online and haven’t got them yet
- If you bought online and did not receive your eticket for the festival via email then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively log in to your www.outix.net account to find your downloadable pdf ticket. You must bring this eticket with you to the gate with strictly matching ID.
- When & where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets will be on sale from Mon 6 Feb 2017 online via our website.
- Are there age limits for this event?
- 16 years of age and up. However, there is 1 licensed stage that requires 18+ ID to get into.
- Will earthcore tickets sell out?
- There are limited tickets, our 1st round early birds sell out quite quickly so it’s recommended to secure your ticket to avoid the agony of missing out or paying more.
- Are there free tickets for birthdays?
- I don’t have a credit card to buy online ?
- There are 2 options for you. First is that we have a range of ticket promoters and ticket store outlets that allow cash / eft payments. Second option is that most supermarkets and all post offices sell prepaid visa/mastercard credit cards, this is a great option if you have problems buying online. Read more here
- What are this year’s ticket prices and other ticketing questions?
- For all other ticketing questions please visit our tickets faq page
For any online ticket enquiries please email email@example.com directly.
getting to the festival
- When can I arrive & leave the earthcore location by?
- Gates open at 12pm on Saturday 25 November and will close 12pm on Sunday 26 November. All patrons are asked to leave the site at the conclusion of the last set.
- How do I get there?
- The location will be announced shortly.
- Is there a bus, shuttle, or provided transportation to and from the venue?
- Yes, we will be running official buses to earthcore. To find out more or make a reservation please visit our catch the bus to earthcore page
at the festival
- What do I need to get into earthcore?
- All ticket holders must present their physical ticket, or photo ID if the gate collection option was selected.
- What currency is accepted at earthcore?
- Australian Dollars ($AUD) only. If you are arriving internationally then you will need to exchange your currency at the airport before leaving to attend the festival. To find out exchange rates – www.xe.com
- Can I leave and re-enter the festival with a passout?
- No, strictly no passouts for earthcore. There is no need to leave especially if you are correctly prepared upon entry.
- When can I find out set times?
- Music set times will be announced 1-2 weeks before the gates open or earlier. Whilst we take extra care to maintain solid set times, they are subject to change without notice due to unexpected situations that may arise from the day to day operations of the festival.
- Can I bring alcohol?
- No, this is not a BYO event. There will be a licensed bar at reasonable prices in the festival.
- What type of weather will earthcore run during?
- earthcore will operate in rain, hail or shine. Be prepared for all weather conditions and check the weather in the week leading up to the event.
- Will there be first aid on site?
- Of course, however if you have specific mediation that is required then please bring it with you. If your medication requires prescription please ensure your medication is correctly labelled by a healthcare professional before attending the festival.
- How should I dispose of my rubbish & waste?
- earthcore is a Leave No Trace event, this means you must leave nothing behind. We will provide bins throughout the venue for your convenience. Find out more about our leave no trace policy
- What do I need to bring?
- Bring clothes for both hot and cold weather as the nights can become quite cold and windy. It’s encouraged to bring random attire, doofsticks, toys, costumes and anything else that you feel will make us look twice 😉
- What about food and water?
- Free water is available on site, if you bring extra with you then you must ensure the safety seal has not be removed or it will be confiscated by security. As for food, earthcore will have a wide range of food stall options for carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores.
- What can’t I bring?
- At this time of year in this region, a total fire ban is implemented so therefore no fire twirling/performing apparatuses can only be used being unlit. Fire authorities will be at the event monitoring all safety issues relating to fire and they reserve the right to confiscate anything deemed dangerous in fire ban periods. Other items that are strictly forbidden; no weapons, glass, open flames, pets, illicit drugs, motorised bikes, handheld lasers, fireworks, flares, or dangerous items of any kind.
- How can I take care of myself?
- Drink plenty of water and only rest under shady areas. Get plenty of sleep prior to the event to be refreshed for the following day and night of madness. Bring plenty of sunscreen and don’t go cheap on sunscreen either, SPF30+ minimum strength because in this part of the world you will burn within minutes. Don’t party hard too early, Behave consciously, coherently and responsibly.
- Can earthcore cater to patrons with special needs?
- earthcore is a member of the Companion card initiative. The festival grounds are accessible by wheelchair in all areas. Special needs toilets will be available. Yes, for further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I bring pets?
- No animals allowed unless officially approved in writing by earthcore offices prior. The only pets we will allow are authorised accessibility and guidance pets. Anyone who disobeys these rules will be asked to return their pet home before re entering the festival.
- Is there and ATM on site?
- Yes, however we still recommend you bring cash with you to avoid any issues during the event as there are no passouts. There will also be EFTPOS terminals at the gate, info stall and licenced bar area.
- Is there phone reception?
- In some places yes however it is limited. Please don’t be dependent on it because it may vary once everyone is at the festival. Why would you want to be contacted from the outside world anyways?
- Can I bring a bicycle?
- You can bring a bicycle or unicycle if you wish providing it is not motorised.
- What stages, music & activities are there?
- For all information on stages please visit our stages page. We are regularly adding new activities on the website. Check there on a regular basis.
- Are there any places for swimming?
- Are there power outlets on site?
- No. It is recommended to bring a powerbank to recharge your devices.
getting involved (performers/volunteers/stalls)
- How do I apply to perform, volunteer, work, display art, or host a stall, workshop or theme camp at earthcore?
- To apply for all types of roles and positions in this year’s earthcore, applications are now open.
- How can I obtain a media pass?
- Media passes are only given out to successful applicants. Applications are open from Mon 9 Jan 2017.
- By entering the earthcore festival site, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give earthcore permission to take any pictures or videos and use your likeness, image, or photo, without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge earthcore from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image.