Daily we are asked similar questions about earthcore, so for your benefit, we have put together the A to Z of essential frequently asked questions to help you on your way.
- I bought tickets online and haven’t got them yet
- Did you purchase your tickets before Tues 7 Nov ? To find out if you did check the receipt that was emailed to you. Registered post tickets will be sent out from the 1st of May. Keep an eye out for the red slip from your post office if you weren’t home to accept the delivery. If you purchased after Tues 7 Nov you have opted for gate collection so please ensure you have id that matches your order when coming to the event. If you have purchased multiple tickets please make sure that your additional ticket holders arrive with the main buyer of the gate collection tickets. If you have hard ticpkets this rule doesn’t apply.
- If you purchase your tickets during or after Tues 7 Nov then you will need to collect your tickets from the gate with strictly matching ID.
- When & where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets will be on sale from Mon 6 Feb 2017 online via our website.
- Is this an 18+ event?
- All ages are welcome at earthcore, however under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The licensed area will be restricted to over 18 ‘s. Bring id for entry into the licenced area.
- Do children need a ticket?
- Children under 14 & under can enter for free with a parent or legal guardian. Due to high temperatures, loud noise and dusty air, we recommend parents not to bring children below 2 years of age!
- Will earthcore tickets sell out?
- There are limited tickets, our 1st round early birds sell out within a few days so it’s recommended to secure your ticket to avoid the agony of missing out or paying more.
- Are there any discounts to attend less days?
- No. Full price applies.
- Are there free tickets for birthdays?
- I don’t have a credit card to buy online ?
- There are 2 options for you. First is that we have a range of ticket promoters and ticket store outlets that allow cash / eft payments. Second option is that most supermarkets and all post offices sell prepaid visa/mastercard credit cards, this is a great option if you have problems buying online. Read more here
- What are this year’s ticket prices and other ticketing questions?
- For all other ticketing questions please visit our tickets faq page
For any online ticket enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
getting to the festival
- When can I arrive & leave the earthcore location by?
- Gates open at 12pm on Thursday 23 November and will close 12pm Monday 27 November. All patrons are asked to leave the site by this time.
- Guests who arrive before Thurs 23 Nov will be asked to leave to stay the night in town.
- How do I get there?
- The location is Elmore, Victoria, Australia. It is just over 2 hours drive north from Melbourne CBD. For full details on directions, please visit our directions page
- Is there a bus, shuttle, or provided transportation to and from the venue?
- Yes, we will be running official buses to earthcore. To find out more or make a reservation please visit our catch the bus to earthcore page
at the festival
- What do I need to get into earthcore?
- All ticket holders must present their physical ticket, or photo ID if the gate collection option was selected.
- What currency is accepted at earthcore?
- Australian Dollars ($AUD) only. If you are arriving internationally then you will need to exchange your currency at the airport before leaving to attend the festival. To find out exchange rates – www.xe.com
- Can I leave and re-enter the festival with a passout?
- No, strictly no passouts for earthcore. There is no need to leave especially if you are correctly prepared upon entry.
- When can I find out set times?
- Music set times will be announced 1-2 weeks before the gates open or earlier. Whilst we take extra care to maintain solid set times, they are subject to change without notice due to unexpected situations that may arise from the day to day operations of the festival.
- Can I bring alcohol?
- No, this is not a BYO event. There will be a licensed bar and bottle shop at reasonable prices in the Kinky Karnival throughout the festival.
- What type of weather will earthcore run during?
- Whilst we will be expecting for sunny days and cool nights, earthcore will run in any weather, regardless if it’s rain, hail or shine. Be prepared for all weather conditions.
- Will there be first aid on site?
- Of course, however if you have specific mediation that is required then please bring it with you. If your medication requires prescription please ensure your medication is correctly labelled by a healthcare professional before attending the festival.
- How should I dispose of my rubbish & waste?
- earthcore is a Leave No Trace event, this means you must leave nothing behind your camp site. We will provide a garbage drop off point for full garbage bags at the venue for your convenience, however, please ensure full garbage bags are taken to this point as opposed to left at the campsite. Bring garbage bags to keep your camp site neat and litter free.Find out more about our leave no trace policy
- What accommodation options are there?
- There are a few options for accommodation, many bring their own tents or rv’s and camp in the camping grounds, however, we also provide various accommodation services for those who cannot or do not want to bring their own tents.For full accommodation and camping details visit our camping page
- Can I bring a campervan/RV?
- Can I bring my own generator or renegade sound systems?
- No. Generators are strictly forbidden. There will be a number of renegade stages that earthcore will host throughout the festival, no need for extras ☺
- What do I need to bring?
- Earthcore runs for 5 days this year so bring everything you need to stay warm, comfortable and dry in case of any occasion. Bring clothes for both hot and cold weather as the nights can become quite cold and windy in this region of Victoria. It’s also advisable to bring garbage bags to collect your rubbish.It’s encouraged to bring random attire, toys, costumes and anything else that you feel will make us look twice 😉
- What about food and water?
- Free water is available on site, however it’s always a good idea to bring extra with you.As for food, earthcore will have a wide range of food stall options for carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores.
- What can’t I bring?
- At this time of year in this region, a total fire ban is implemented so therefore no gas cookers, gas bottles, candles, fire lanterns. Gas cookers and bottles inside RV’s are permitted on the condition that they are correctly installed and cannot leave the vehicle. Fire twirling/performing apparatuses are permitted in the designated fire twirling zones Fire authorities will be at the event monitoring all safety issues relating to fire and they reserve the right to confiscate anything deemed dangerous in fire ban periods.Other items that are strictly forbidden; no weapons, glass, open flames, pets, illicit drugs, motorised bikes, handheld lasers, fireworks, flares, or dangerous items of any kind.
- How can I take care of myself?
- Drink plenty of water and only sleep under shady areas. Get plenty of sleep to be refreshed for the following day or night of madness. Bring plenty of sunscreen and don’t go cheap on sunscreen either, SPF30+ minimum strength because in this part of Victoria you will burn within minutes. Keep clean with our showers, bring sanitary gel & wet wipes. Don’t party hard too early because this festival goes for 5 days. Behave consciously, coherently and responsibly.
- Can earthcore cater to patrons with special needs?
- Earthcore is a member of the Companion card initiative. The festival grounds are accessible by wheelchair in all areas. Special needs toilets will be available.Yes, for further information please email us at email@example.com
- Can I bring pets?
- No animals allowed unless officially approved in writing by earthcore offices prior. The only pets we will allow are authorised accessibility and guidance pets. Anyone who disobeys these rules will be asked to return their pet home before re entering the festival.
- Is there and ATM on site?
- Yes, however we still recommend you bring cash with you to avoid any issues during the event as there are no passouts. There will also be EFTPOS terminals at the gate, info stall and licenced bar area.
- Is there phone reception?
- In some places yes however it is limited. Please don’t be dependent on it because it may vary once everyone is at the festival. Why would you want to be contacted from the outside world anyways?
- Can I bring a bicycle?
- You can bring a bicycle or unicycle if you wish providing it is not motorised.
- What stages, music & activities are there?
- For all information on stages please visit our stages page. We are regularly adding new activities on the website. Check there on a regular basis.
- Are there any places for swimming?
- No, there are dams with water but they are not safe for swimming so please keep out for your own well being.
- Are there power outlets on site?
- Yes. You can upgrade your camp site to powered camping .
- Can I camp next to my car?
- Due to council by laws all vehicles with the exception of powered camping, RV and campervans need to park in the car parking bays and you must walk to your camp site and set up.
- Are there showers?
- Yes. There are hot showers on site. Free to use at any time.
getting involved (performers/volunteers/stalls)
- How do I apply to perform, volunteer, work, display art, or host a stall, workshop or theme camp at earthcore?
- To apply for all types of roles and positions in this year’s earthcore, applications are now open.
- How can I obtain a media pass?
- Media passes are only given out to successful applicants. Applications are open from Mon 9 Jan 2017.
- By entering the earthcore festival site, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give earthcore permission to take any pictures or videos and use your likeness, image, or photo, without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge earthcore from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image.